USABILITY ENGINEERING LEAD
Contract: 2-4 days a week (Flexible)
Are you looking for an Engineering Lead role, working on a freelance basis, with the flexibility of working from home? Our client is a technology driven company with a positive, high-achieving work culture, which partners with world-leading organisations to create game-changing, innovative products. This leading consultancy is now looking for a freelance Usability Engineering Lead to ensure products developed are safe, efficient, compliant and enjoyable to use.
About the Company
My client is a fast-growing and successful Healthtech consultancy in the strategic innovation and advanced product development sector, providing commercialisation and manufacturing services to both start-ups and some of the world's top biomedical and hi-tech companies.
As Usability Engineering Lead, you will drive usability design on your projects with passion, standing by your sometimes tough design decisions and taking responsibility for outcomes, good or bad. You will guide the design, planning, testing and documentation of usability efforts across projects, ensuring products are safe, efficient, compliant and enjoyable to use. Influencing and collaborating effectively with the following teams: design; business development; product-market fit; project; technical and marketing, you will be seen by clients as a trusted advisor. Agile and adaptable, you will be able to respond well to change, navigating ambiguity with confidence and enthusiasm.
Skills and experience
With 8-10 years' experience in a similar role in a related industry (Human Factors engineering, Usability engineering, Industrial Design, User Experience design) you will have:
* Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate qualification in a related field (Human Factors engineering, Usability engineering, Psychology, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, Interaction Design, User Experience Design)
* Demonstrated experience in leading usability design, planning, testing and documentation on highly regulated medical products or products within other operation critical environments
* Knowledge and understanding of cognitive psychology and human factors principles
* Demonstrated experience with human centred design methodologies
* Demonstrated expertise with the IEC 62366 standard and developing usability engineering files for medical products
* Familiarity and compliance with international quality standards ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485 and FDR QSR regulations
* Adherence to OH&S requirements (safe use of potentially hazardous equipment, liquids etc.)
Placing high priority on a healthy work/life balance, the company offer employees flexible hours and wellness/sport/fitness packages. You will be working with hand-selected, bright people gathering deep market insights and developing a full spectrum of commercialization capability to help the company build the future.
N.B. For this role they are offering the flexibility of a combination of working from home and from the office.
Please note only applicants with full rights to live and work in Australia will be considered.