User Experience Manager
Salary circa $150k basic + Super + Package (negotiable)
Full sponsorship on offer
Are you looking for a User Experience Manager role, based in Sydney? Are you interested in directing key design decisions for a high-tech, industry-leading company? We're recruiting for one of the fastest growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters of their technology in the world. This is a unique opportunity to work for a rapidly expanding and forward-thinking company.
About the Company
Our client develops high-quality equipment for consumers all over the world and has a strong culture of collaboration, best-practise and innovation and a love of ground-breaking technology. Their products are designed and manufactured in Australia and exported globally. You will work within a technology driven environment in a cutting-edge facility, where there is continued investment in the growth of the design and engineering teams.
In this User Experience Manager role, you'll lead a small but growing team of mid/senior Industrial and Product Designers and other UX/UI staff. You'll be delivering functional and inspiring user experiences and creating a consumer branded product range, based on customer insights.
Your responsibilities will include:
- steer the design integrity of new and existing products towards a consumer centric culture
- use consumer insights and feedback to shape the design of all UX/UI across both hardware and software products
- work closely with designers to drive improvements in the delivery of eye-catching user experiences which are uniform across new and existing products
- utilise usability insights to innovate, drive R&D and product development through to DFM and full production
- manage evaluation/focus groups/user insight sessions across a wide and diverse demographic consumer range and ethnographic
- gather data to be turned into insights for product improvement and design
- be an integral part of development and design thinking for both new and existing products
Skills and experience
With significant industry experience in UX design, you'll:
- have previous experience of physical products - this is not a digital/App driven role
- be consumer and design led - act as the voice of the customer to develop a consumer brand
- be skilled in communication, collaboration and influencing
- be a strategic thinker
- have experience of leading a team