Senior Industrial Designers
Salary AUD 75k - 115k package (including Super)
Are you a creative and detail-oriented Industrial Designer looking to develop your career in the POP/POS/Exhibition industry? My client is a young, growing POP and retail design agency, working across the APAC region and partnering with some of today's leading brands.
About the Company
I'm recruiting for a growing POP Design and retail marketing agency, founded by Industrial Designers and based in one of Sydney's most sought-after locations within walking distance of the CBD. My client is looking to build on last year's growth by adding to their experienced industrial design team.
In this Senior Industrial Design role, you'll get involved in diverse projects, using different manufacturing processes and generating new and exciting conceptual ideas for customers. Projects range from temporary promotional POP to semi-permanent and permanent store displays. You will be assigned projects from start to finish giving you ownership of overall production and project management. The successful applicants will display a sense of confidence and motivation, whilst being focused on achieving results and seeing themselves develop inside of a growing business.
* Taking briefs from the Client Services team and/or Creative Director
* Presentation layout using Adobe Creative Suite software
* Updating management daily of all work in progress
* Design engineering for local and Asian production
* Project managing local/Asian factories and obtaining accurate and efficient results
* Obtaining quotes from factories and building quotes in the system
* Building and testing prototypes once received from suppliers
* Asia factory visits to conduct QC (potential)
* Keeping a sharp eye on all in-store marketing and retail design related trends
Skills and experience
With 5+ years of experience in POP, POS, Architecture, Furniture or in an Advertising / Retail Marketing Agency, you'll have:
Experience of dealing with Asian manufacturers
Strong grasp of manufacturing processes
Exceptional English language skills
Creativity and attention-to-detail
Ability to mentor younger designers
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design
Generous salary package based on skills and experience
Opportunities for growth and career development
Mentoring by experienced industry professionals
Central, CBD location alongside other Design Agencies
You must hold full and ongoing working rights for Australia to be eligible for this role.