This is an ideal opportunity for anyone looking to join one of the leading Consultancies in Australia. The role on offer is based in a desirable suburb of Sydney working for an established Product Innovation and Design Group. Through strategic growth this company find themselves looking to build the team and your profile will need to demonstrate not only the required technical credentials and achievements, but also the right cultural fit to complement this dynamic environment. The collective mind-set permeating this talented studio is one of curiosity, positive thinking and a drive to produce amazing, commercially viable solutions to the client whilst continually enhancing end user experience.
Our client's reputation and portfolio place them in an enviable position, supporting numerous clients from start-ups to multi nationals. Their ability to take products from concept through to market and to tailor a bespoke approach and create award winning results is why they now find themselves recruiting to support their growing international client base.
You will work on projects which will challenge your thinking and may sometimes move you into uncertain and uncharted environments. You will however, have like-minded, multi-disciplined colleagues around you who will share your desire to create great new products and services. You will need to demonstrate an ability to make analytical decisions and take ownership of your work. Communication skills are essential as regards design issues and this will involve colleagues, suppliers and clients alike.
The work will be varied and covers a wide audience base within Medical Devices / Technology, Consumer and Industrial product sectors. Critical to this appointment will be your solid design experience within highly regulated, safety critical industries. Experience in complying with various standards and strict regulations would be advantageous. An understanding of systems engineering and product integration processes would also be important.
Skills and Experience
* Methodical and logical approach to design problems
* Highly advanced visual communication skills for communicating concepts and design intent from concept to delivery
* Proven product development skills
* Demonstrated ability to utilise/interpret market research results to produce great design
* Knowledge of and ability to apply a wide range of prototyping techniques and technologies
* Proven ability to apply project management principles and techniques
* Experience in designing dynamic and static systems integrating mechanical and electronic elements
* Experience of collaboration on problems within a multi-disciplinary R&D environment
* An understanding of designing for manufacturing processes: injection moulding, sheet metal fabrication, compression moulding, elastomers and machining
* An understanding of complexities associated with integrating electronic components and sub systems
* Understanding of new product development under design controls as specified by a Quality Management System (ISO9001, ISO13485, GMP or similar)
* An ability to produce high quality technical documents that are credible, easy to read with a clear layout, consistent formatting, correct spelling and grammar
* A desire to mentor and coach young designers and engineers to develop their skills as new product developers
* Microsoft Office suite (inc. PowerPoint & Project), CAD software (preferably Solidworks and/or Creo/Pro-e), Adobe suite
To be part of this unique product development company, please send your CV and portfolio with a covering letter to:
Paul Surridge, Managing Director, Recruitment Holdings Australasia