Senior Application Engineer
Full time, permanent position
Are you looking for a Senior Application Engineer role based in Sydney? Would you enjoy playing a central role in the business, getting involved in day-to-day mechanical engineering to provide customers with high performance solutions plus working with the Managing Director developing and implementing support and expansion strategies? My client is an established provider of industrial hardware and systems to a range of industries, with ambitious plans to grow significantly over the next few years and become the 'go to' company in their field.
About the Company
A successful sales and distribution business that's looking to expand its engineering team. Established in Sydney for over 10 years and supported by their manufacturing parent company in Germany, they are offering ongoing training, professional development and the opportunity to establish a long-term career.
As Senior Application Engineer, you'll be an entrepreneurial problem solver and critical thinker with commercial acumen. You will excel at identifying and capitalising on new opportunities, whilst liaising with our fulfilment team to ensure excellent customer service and on-time product delivery. You will monitor warehousing and inventory to ensure quality and efficiency levels are high. As well as establishing and maintaining good product and product application knowledge, you will capture customer information, process orders (initially), prepare quotes and respond to customer enquiries. You will also develop and implement an effective B2B marketing strategy to improve sales. You will be involved in creating BOMs for new parts and assemblies and producing other technical documentation as required. There is the potential for developing the role into other areas of the business such as the design of interface solutions for the local market and delivering training for customers (sales and technicians). This is a great opportunity to play a key role and develop your career as the business grows.
Skills and experience
With over 10 years experience, ideally in an industrial distribution environment you'll have:
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, or related engineering qualification
* Experience of managing a team coupled with hands-on practical ability
* Experience in a varied manufacturing environment (e.g. castings, machining, welding, mechanical and/or electrical assembly and testing)
* Advanced Experience with Warehouse Management System / Inventory System
* An aptitude for innovation, creative thinking and managing competing priorities
* High attention to detail, able to work independently with strong communication skills
* Well developed computer skills e.g. Microsoft Office
* A keen interest in self-development as well as understanding products and applications
* Working alongside the Managing Director with the opportunity to have a positive impact on the company's future
* Friendly team working environment
* Ongoing training and professional development
* Work for an international industry leader
* A supportive leadership team
* Opportunity to develop a long-term career
* May qualify for the profit share scheme after 1 year of employment
Only Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents need apply.
RHL Recruitment offers permanent and temporary jobs across Australia and the wider APAC region - visit rhl.com.au to get in touch for more opportunities like this.