Salary circa $75,000 p.a.
Permanent, full time
Our client is a well-established, highly innovative and customer focused product development company, looking for a Model Maker for their head office in Sydney. This iconic company has one of Australia's largest and fastest growing hardware and software development teams, developing internationally recognised, premium products.
About the Company
My client leads the way in collaborative and people focused product development, has a great staff rewards programme, a fun, flexible working environment and a reputation for excellent customer service. Their global HQ is located a 15-minutes train ride from Sydney's CBD.
As a Model Maker reporting to the Model Shop Manager you will be focused on supporting the team by performing machining, fabrication, assembly and testing tasks in support of new and sourced product development. Responsibilities include:
Operate conventional milling machines, lathes, general mechanical workshop machines and welding equipment
Develop products and components to design specifications
Modify sourced and new products to design and engineer requirements
Perform model making. general engineering and fabrication jobs
Set up CNC milling machines and lathes and be willing to learn CNC programming and Mastercam
Assist with spray painting of all products
Maintain all workshop machinery to a safe and operational standard
Skills and experience
* Australian recognised trade qualified Fitter & 1st class Machinist/ Toolmaker/ Pattern maker
* 5+ years local machining experience with precision work involving multiple materials
* Experience in operating manual milling machine and lathes
* Experience operating toolroom/patternmaking machines
* Ability to read drawings and work to close tolerances with high attention to detail
* Experience with spray painting and colour matching will be highly regarded
* Problem solving skills
* Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
* Understanding and commitment to OH&S requirements
You will be working with a team of high performing and passionate product development specialists from designers to engineers, UX teams to digital architects, in a fun and rewarding environment. The role offers a competitive remuneration package and great employee benefits plus plenty of room for growth and professional development.