Well-established, Sydney-based design & manufacturer with a global reputation for quality and innovation have an opening for a Mechanical Engineer with experience in the implementation of QA Systems (ISO 9001 & 14001) and associated documentation.
Their design and manufacturing decisions are driven by the core motivation of helping people interact with technology more comfortably, safely, and effectively. They take a solutions-oriented approach to design and pride themselves on their ability to engineer bespoke solutions for their customers.
* Engineer with strong product-based background
* Experience in the introduction of QA Standards, procedures and documentation.
* Good knowledge of materials and batch manufacturing processes including pressure die casting, injection moulding, metal forming, repetition turning, assembly
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to self-manage projects and work effectively with external vendors
* Good problem solver
* Emphasis on optimising designs for consistent, cost effective manufacture (DFM & VAVE) - both new and existing product
* Considerable experience working with vendors in China, including sourcing ODM product
* Experience with implementing and overseeing Quality Assurance systems such as ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
* Ability to manage post introduction Quality Assurance issues at product and organisational level - for both new and existing products
* 3D CAD modelling (SolidWorks preferred) including tolerance stack analysis and GD&T
* Able to develop and oversee procedures both internally and with vendors to ensure process improvement - design to production
* Experience with product testing and analysis of results, including accelerated lifestyle testing
* Likely background in Mechanical Engineering, Quality Assurance Engineer, Production Engineering or Mechatronics
* 8+ years' experience
* Energetic/hard working
* Team player
* Effective communicator
* Upbeat/optimistic/positive, can-do attitude
You must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position.