Mechanical Design Draftsperson
LAKE MACQUARIE area
Flexible working week on offer
Are you looking for a Mechanical Design Draftsperson role in the Lake Macquarie area? Are you looking for a chance to join an award-winning consultancy and work in a fast-paced, innovative environment? We're recruiting for a company who are committed to designing and delivering innovative products. This is a unique opportunity to design exceptional products for a diverse portfolio of clients.
About the Company
Our client is a well-established product design consultancy looking to grow the studio team. Servicing the aeronautic, sporting equipment, industrial equipment, medical device, consumer electronic, homeware, advertising, point of purchase, transport and commercial interior sectors, they design and develop commercially viable products using their in-house manufacturing facility.
In this Mechanical Design Draftsperson role, you'll be responsible for 3D modelling, drafting, support documentation and final checking of parts and assemblies before manufacture. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a high level of initiative, an innovative mindset, extensive product and manufacturing knowledge and the drive to go above and beyond for the team and for clients.
* Creation of detailed 3D models using Solidworks
* Developing and producing detailed 2D production drawings using Solidworks
* Creating BOM's, fastener lists, delivery dockets, assembly instructions, revision tables
* Ensuring that part and assembly tolerances and specifications are ready for manufacture
* Creating manufacturing files for production
* Working closely with the team, workshop staff and external manufacturers to see products successfully manufactured and delivered to market
* Archiving and revising 3D and 2D production files
* Clearly communicating with others on work progress and delivery timelines
* Following and developing processes to improve efficiency and communication
Skills and experience
With relevant Mechanical engineering qualifications and/or Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting, you'll have:
* Ability to create high quality 3D models using Solidworks
* Ability to create clear and concise 3D and 2D drawings
* Ability to independently manage a workload of complex and diverse activities
* Exceptional attention to detail and time management
* Ability to deliver to deadlines and work in fast paced environment
* A portfolio that showcases expertise in all aspects of the drafting process
* Effective communication skills with team members, management and manufacturers
* High level of initiative, whatever it takes attitude and a desire to learn and grow
N.B. You must hold full, unrestricted and ongoing rights to work in Australia to be eligible for this role.