Salary circa $90k p.a. basic (negotiable) & generous bonus
Permanent, full time
Visa sponsorship available
A global leader in their field, this iconic brand is instantly recognisable for its prestigious, technology led products. Innovation is in their DNA and they place the consumer very much at the forefront of their design thinking. Over the years, they have won numerous awards for their product development and inspiring designs. Due to a combination of continued reinvestment of profits into R&D and growth in market share, they are looking to attract Industrial Designers to join their new product development team.
About the Company
Leading the way in collaborative and people focused product development, they are growing their highly specialist and multi-disciplinary teams. The company values different perspectives, considering insights from user experience, industry, technological advancements, manufacturers and strives to continually evolve the product development process. Their global HQ is located within easy reach of central Sydney.
As an Industrial Designer you will work closely with multi-disciplined teams to deliver high quality products for the global customer. You will have sufficient experience and knowledge to make appropriate decisions around design related topics, from concept generation and iterative development, through to part detailing and liaising with stakeholders. Your contribution will compliment a team of like-minded individuals, ensuring that consumer insights and the commercial viability of your product is balanced with its manufacturing feasibility. You will design products that are aligned with the brand values and corporate aesthetic.
Skills and experience
* Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Industrial Design
* 5 years' hands on experience in the design industry
* Proficiency in parametric modelling, both surface modelling as well as component detailing (SolidWorks or Unigraphics)
* Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
* Experience with rendering software (KeyShot or similar)
* Able to run simple projects individually and contribute to larger projects
* Experience working with factories and leading projects from concept to production (product engineering experience is desirable)
* Good communicator, capable of developing productive relationships
* A design thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
* A passion for Industrial Design and a 'can-do' approach as a proactive problem-solver
* An appetite to learn and the willingness to be an active listener, open to feedback
* Open minded
* Willing to align with the team and brand values
* Available to help others and be proactive with activities promoting office culture
You will receive the very best support and investment in your personal development. The company understands the importance of a work-life balance and goes the extra mile to create an exciting work environment and strong company culture. Attractive salary and benefits, dependant on knowledge and experience, as well as the opportunity to travel overseas. You will work with a team of passionate development specialists from designers to engineers, UX teams to digital architects, in a positive and collaborative environment. The role offers flexible working and generous discounts on company products.
How to apply
To be considered for the role you will need to provide your CV together with a portfolio illustrating the process of projects that you've been involved with, from initial concept to manufacturing. This part of the application is essential as it provides a visual narrative of your approach to problem solving and how you think.