Full time, permanent (flexible hours)
Salary $80k p.a. basic
Join the Design Team at this internationally recognised, award-winning product design, development and manufacturing facility, based in Brisbane. If you enjoy developing highly profitable products and working with a large, diverse product and IP portfolio spanning several industries, then this may be the role for you.
About the Company
My client is a well-established product design and commercialisation company, which has been successfully re-shoring manufacturing to Australia and exporting to countries around the world for many years. This company specialises in turning ideas and inventions into a diverse range of highly profitable products.
In this Industrial Designer role, you will turn concepts into reality using Solidworks, working across a broad range of consumer and industrial products and clients. You will be working on the design/redesign of both existing and new products. You will also assist with estimation/costing for production, customer quotations and development budgets.
Evaluate new products
Develop design plans, testing and modifying new injection moulding dies
Manage the moulding design process according to quality procedures
Drive an effective and best in class product design to market
Determine whether products can be manufactured through a commercially viable process
Assess and make recommendations on moulding techniques
Ensure that project milestones and goals are met and adhere to approved budgets
Prepare material lists for manufacturer and requisition materials
Skills and experience
With at least three years' industry experience, you'll have:
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or similar
* Ability to independently manage a complex and diverse workload
* High proficiency with Solidworks - Solidworks Plastics preferred
* Rapid prototyping experience with FDM, SLA & CNC
* Experience in design for consumer-based products for mass manufacture
* Hands on experience in the plastic injection moulding industry
* A strong background in injection moulding die and product design
* Experience with plastics materials and product costing
* A skilled collaborator, influencer and decision maker with a customer-focused approach
NB. You must hold full and ongoing rights to work in Australia to be eligible for this role.
RHL Recruitment offers permanent and temporary jobs across Australia and the wider APAC region - visit rhl.com.au to get in touch for more opportunities like this.