Salary c$70,000 basic (negotiable)
Are you in the early stages of your career and looking for an exciting Industrial Designer role, based in Sydney? Are you looking for a chance to shape the future by designing products not only for exciting new tech start-ups but also established businesses? We're looking for a creative Industrial Designer who is confident with concept development to help this company service an expanding portfolio of clients with exciting, innovative and technically challenging projects.
About the Company
Based in Sydney's Inner West, close to transport and great local amenities and with the added convenience of staff parking, my client is a dynamic and award-winning product development consultancy enjoying significant ongoing growth. Their highly technical team has extensive experience in electronic and mechanical product design together with a passion for the design detail required for developing world class products. This is a fast-paced, collaborative environment which will see you working with clients, solving challenging problems and developing cutting edge technologies. You will be part of a rapidly growing team where every day is different. A healthy work/life balance is considered important, making this an enjoyable and vibrant place to work.
In this Industrial Designer role, you will be confident at the front end of the product design process and have the demonstrated ability to develop 3D CAD product designs and photo realistic product imagery. As you will be part of a small team, the role will also include a broad variety of activities, to keep you challenged and to provide opportunity for future skills expansion.
* Conduct background research into new products and technologies
* Develop concept sketches and layouts
* Create 3D CAD models of new designs in Solidworks
* Work closely with clients and other engineers to ensure designs are fit for purpose
* Create photo realistic 3D product renders in Keyshot
* Develop high quality project presentations and other artwork as needed
* Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to arrange prototyping and production
* Develop production bill of materials & cost estimates
* Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to arrange prototyping and production of mechanical parts
Skills and experience
* Driven to produce visual perfection
* A first-rate portfolio of previous work
* Experience developing concept CAD models in Solidworks
* Experience developing high quality and photo realistic product renders
* Strong sketching skills that can clearly demonstrate technical and conceptual thinking
* Experience using Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
* A passion for new technologies
* A high level of self-motivation
* A high capacity and willingness to learn about continuously evolving technologies
* Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English
* Excellent presentation skills
* Relevant tertiary qualifications, such as in Industrial Design
* Experience incorporating electronic components into product designs
* Experience with plastic injection moulding, CNC and sheet metal fabrication processes
N.B. You must hold full, unrestricted and ongoing rights to work in Australia to be eligible for this role.